Joel Melendez’s practice focuses on complex business litigation, IP litigation, and government investigations. Mr. Melendez has represented companies and global financial institutions in mergers & acquisitions, restructurings, workouts, and leveraged and other debt financings.
Prior to joining MoloLamken, Mr. Melendez was a corporate associate in the New York office of Kirkland & Ellis. Mr. Melendez is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US).
- A private Silicon Valley technology company in a bench trial against a leading bank in connection with an M&A transaction
- Corporate owner of iconic American trademark in trademark infringement litigation
- A patent infringement suit relating to mobile real-time data technology
- Global financial institutions pursuing RMBS "putback" suits against mortgage originators and other responsible parties in state and federal courts
- A leading developer and operator of electric power plants in a theft of trade secrets action
- Government of Laos in obtaining vacatur of judgment enforcing a foreign arbitral award (Thai-Lao Lignite (Thailand) Co., Ltd. v. Government of the Lao People's Democratic Republic, No. 10-cv-5256, 2014 WL 476239 (S.D.N.Y. Feb. 6, 2014))
- Senior executive of Japanese company in price-fixing investigation by DOJ and JFTC
- Private equity firm in conducting internal investigation into allegations of FCPA violations by portfolio company in Latin America