Gajan Sivakumaran's practice focuses on white collar matters, complex civil litigation, patent litigation, and appellate litigation.
Mr. Sivakumaran has worked as an associate in the Chicago office of Vedder Price, P.C. He has also served as a law clerk to the Honorable Manish S. Shah of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, and he has taught legal research and writing at the University of Illinois College of Law.
Prior to law school, Mr. Sivakumaran spent three years as a project manager at Citi, guiding teams of software engineers in developing and maintaining Smith Barney's performance-reporting software tools.
- Represented a foreign biotechnology company in a 13-day merits hearing in a confidential arbitration before the American Arbitration Association
- Represented global financial institutions and investors pursuing multiple RMBS "putback" suits against mortgage originators and other responsible parties in state and federal courts
- Obtained at arbitration an order to refund client's entire investment in a feature-length film project based on the Pulitzer Prize-winning book Interpreter of Maladies
- Represented an investment advisor under indictment for obstruction of justice and perjury in the Southern District of New York
- Represented leading insurance company in fraud action against a major vendor
- Represented defense contractor in dispute over a billion-dollar foreign military sale
- Represented U.S. Chamber of Commerce as merits-stage amicus before the U.S. Supreme Court in case involving state taxation of residents' out-of-state income