Justin Weiner’s practice focuses on complex patent litigation, business litigation, and appellate litigation. Mr. Weiner was recognized by the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin in its “40 Under 40” list in 2016.
Prior to joining MoloLamken, Mr. Weiner was an associate in the Chicago office of Sidley Austin LLP. He also served as a law clerk to Chief Judge Frank H. Easterbrook of the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit and to Judge Milton I. Shadur of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Mr. Weiner graduated from the University of Chicago Law School Order of the Coif in 2007. During law school, he was a member of and Comment Editor for the University of Chicago Law Review.
- A global financial institution pursuing multiple RMBS "putback" suits against mortgage originators and other responsible parties in state and federal courts
- A major medical device company in patent litigation both in the district court and in the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- A wireless telecommunications company in patent litigation in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- A patent infringement suit relating to mobile real-time data technology in the United States District Court for the District of Delaware
- A leading engineering firm in trade secret and unfair competition litigation in New York State Supreme Court
- A major auto manufacturer in a products liability case in the Illinois Supreme Court
- A wireless telecommunications company in a breach of contract claim in the United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- An amicus brief in the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit to defend a Northern District of Illinois Judge's contempt judgment against a litigant