Daniel Michaeli’s practice focuses on complex civil litigation, white collar matters, and appellate litigation.
Prior to joining MoloLamken, Mr. Michaeli served as a law clerk to the Honorable Diane S. Sykes of the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit. Before law school, he was a Fulbright research fellow in China and a research associate for the Council on Foreign Relations in Washington, D.C. During law school, Mr. Michaeli interned at the Office of the Assistant Legal Adviser for International Claims and Investment Disputes at the U.S. Department of State and the General Counsel and China Affairs offices at the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative.
- Represent investors in multiple RMBS “putback” suits against mortgage originators and other responsible parties in state and federal courts
- Represent member and managers of limited liability company defending against allegations including fiduciary duty breaches before Illinois state chancery court
- Represented cable company in connection with potential proceedings before the Federal Communications Commission
- Advise on copyright issues relating to public performance and distribution rights; the Digital Millennium Copyright Act; and emerging technologies
- Represent criminal defendant on appeal before the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- Represented medical doctor at jury trial for alleged solicitation of kickbacks and conspiracy before the Northern District of Illinois