Justin Weiner’s practice focuses on complex business litigation, with a particular emphasis on litigation concerning structured finance, corporate finance, and patent litigation. Mr. Weiner also has extensive experience in appellate litigation.
Prior to joining MoloLamken, Mr. Weiner was an associate in the Chicago office of Sidley Austin LLP. He also served as a law clerk to Chief Judge Frank H. Easterbrook of the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit and to Judge Milton I. Shadur of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Mr. Weiner is an active member of the Seventh Circuit Bar Association, serving as Illinois Chair on the Young Lawyers’ Committee and co-Chair of the Association’s publication, the Circuit Rider. Mr. Weiner has also published a number of articles in the Circuit Rider.
- A major media company in litigation over a $1.8 billion debt refinancing
- A global financial institution pursuing multiple RMBS "putback" suits against mortgage originators and other responsible parties in state and federal courts
- A major medical device company in patent litigation both in the district court and in the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- An amicus brief in the landmark patent case Oil States Energy Services, LLC v. Greene’s Energy Group, LLC in the Supreme Court of the United States
- A wireless telecommunications company in patent litigation in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- A major auto manufacturer in a products liability case in the Illinois Supreme Court
- A leading engineering firm in trade secret and unfair competition litigation in New York State Supreme Court
- A wireless telecommunications company in a breach of contract claim in the United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- A patent infringement suit relating to mobile real-time data technology in the United States District Court for the District of Delaware and the Patent Trial and Appeal Board
- A patent infringement suit in the International Trade Commission
- An amicus brief in the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit to defend a Northern District of Illinois Judge's contempt judgment against a litigant
- High Court Considers Upending Patent Damages, Law360 (Jan. 23, 2018) (with Rayiner Hashem and Ben Quarmby)
- ‘Patent Dance’ Ruling Means Sponsors Must Plan Ahead, Law360 (Dec. 20, 2017) (with Sara Margolis)