Rafael Savastano's practice focuses on commercial and corporate dispute resolution.
Mr. Savastano currently works as a litigation associate at Pinheiro Neto Advogados in São Paulo, Brazil. Prior to working at Pinheiro Neto Advogados, Mr. Savastano worked as a teaching assistant at the São Paulo Law School of Fundação Getúlio Vargas – FGV, and served as a member of the Board of the Directors for the Brazilian Association for Arbitration Students.
- Acted as counsel in more than 40 cases before State and Federal Courts in Brazil (including the Superior Courts), and in approximately 10 national and international arbitration proceedings
- Advised one of the world’s largest hedge funds in an arbitration regarding a USD 100 million investment in a manufacturing plant in Brazil
- Advised the world’s largest advertising firm in a litigation running for more than 20 years before Brazilian Courts
- Regularly advised a US-based private equity firm in disputes related to its investments in Brazil
- Advised the leading global construction materials and solutions company in a litigation against its former minority shareholder before Brazilian Courts
- Relatório do Tema: Existência, Validade e Eficácia da Convenção Arbitral (2016) (Researcher and writer)