Benjamin Woodring's practice focuses on complex civil litigation, white collar matters, and appellate litigation.
Prior to joining MoloLamken LLP, Mr. Woodring clerked for the Honorable Scott Matheson, Jr. of the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit and for the Honorable Edmond Chang of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. He also previously worked as a litigation associate at Boies Schiller Flexner LLP.
Prior to law school, Mr. Woodring received his Ph.D. in English from Harvard University.
Mr. Woodring currently serves as Vice-Chair (and incoming Chair) of the American Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division Litigation Committee and as associate editor of The Young Lawyer (TYL) magazine.
- Represent municipality and its employees in support of their petition for certiorari to the United States Supreme Court
- Represent trust beneficiary in objections to accounting proceeding against trustee
- Represent claimant in investor-state arbitration against a CIS State
- Represent global financial institutions and investors pursuing multiple residential mortgage-backed securities suits against mortgage originators and other responsible parties
- Represent state prisoner in a 42 U.S.C. § 1983 suit concerning constitutional violations in state facility
- Quo Warranto: The Structure and Strength of a Common Law Antitrust Remedy, 96 U. Det. Mercy L. Rev. 187 (2019)
- Sanctuary Cities: Federalism’s Local Frontiers, 24 ABA The Young Lawyer (TYL) Mag. 10 (2019)
- Liberty to Misread: Sanctuary and Possibility in The Comedy of Errors, 28 Yale J.L. & Human. 319 (2016) (cited in City of Philadelphia v. Sessions, 309 F. Supp. 3d 289, 294 (E.D. Pa. 2018))
- Getting More Out of IRAC, ABA Student Lawyer Mag. (2016)
- Denunciations Plus: Evaluating ICSID Withdrawals Bearing Additional New ICSID Provisions, Transnational Dispute Management (2015)
- Moderator, Courtroom, Client, & Career: Effective Writing Tips for All Young Lawyers, American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division Spring Conference, June 2020
- Moderator, Young Lawyers and Data Privacy (GDPR, CCPA, and Beyond): Meaningful Contributions in a Fast-Evolving Space, ABA Young Lawyers Division Litigation Week, July 2019
- Moderator, Public Service Roundtable, ABA Young Lawyers Division Litigation Committee, March 2019
- 300 North LaSalle StreetChicago, IL 60654T: 312.405.7261F: 312.450.6701
- Law clerk to the Honorable Scott Matheson, Jr., United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Law clerk to the Honorable Edmond Chang, United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Yale Law School, J.D.
Editor-in-Chief, Yale Journal on Regulation
Director, Yale Temporary Restraining Order Project
Mortgage Foreclosure Litigation Clinic
Harvard University, Ph.D.
President, Harvard Graduate Student Council
Member, Harvard Corporation Shareholder Responsibility Advisory Committee
American Academy of Arts and Sciences Predoctoral Fellow
Mellon Interdisciplinary Dissertation Completion Fellow
Brandeis University, B.A., summa cum laude
Phi Beta Kappa
Bar and Court Admissions
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Litigation Committee (Vice-Chair, Incoming Chair)
American Bar Association, Litigation Section, Commercial and Business Litigation
Seventh Circuit Bar Association