Leonid Grinberg’s practice focuses on complex civil litigation, appellate litigation, intellectual property litigation, and white collar matters.
Prior to joining MoloLamken, Mr. Grinberg clerked for the Honorable Frederic Block of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York.
Previously, he worked as a legal intern at the Securities and Exchange Commission in Commissioner Stein’s office, as a legal extern for the United States Attorney’s Office in the Eastern District of New York, and as a legal intern at the Criminal Division of the Department of Justice in Washington, D.C.
Mr. Grinberg holds an S.B. in Computer Science and Engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Before attending law school, he worked as a software engineer for a large media company in New York, NY.
Mr. Grinberg is fluent in Russian.
- American Indian nation pursuing state-law claims against e-cigarette manufacturers, distributors, and retailers.
- Technology company appealing adverse lower-court orders in the Federal Circuit.
- Advertisers pursuing class action claims against a major social media company.
- Technology company pursuing patent infringement claims.
Financial institutions pursuing residential mortgage-backed securities “putback” suits against securitization sponsors.
A foreign-owned gas utility defending against an arbitration enforcement action in a federal court of appeals.
A Fortune 50 company as amicus curiae at the merits stage in the United States Supreme Court, addressing the application of copyright’s fair use doctrine to computer software.
Two law professors as amici curiae at the certiorari stage in the United States Supreme Court, arguing for a reexamination of the “plain view” exception.
An incarcerated individual pursuing section 1983 claims against a municipality and other responsible individuals.
- Can Courts Exercise Jurisdiction Over Out-of-State Class Members?, National Law Journal (July 24, 2020) (with Jessica Ortiz)
Courts Face Controversy Over Uninjured Antitrust Class Members, National Law Journal (Feb. 27, 2020) (with Lauren Weinstein)
Note, End-to-End Authentication: A First Amendment Hook to the Encryption Debate, 74 N.Y.U. Ann. Surv. Am. L. 173 (2018)
- 430 Park AvenueNew York, NY 10022T: 212.607.8152
- Law clerk to the Honorable Frederic Block, United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
New York University School of Law, J.D.
Editor-in-Chief, NYU Annual Survey of American Law
Semifinalist, 2018 Orison S. Marden Moot Competition
Intake Volunteer, Manhattan Legal Services
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, S.B.
Karl Taylor Compton Prize
Kelly-Douglas Essay Contest, First-place essay
Corporation Joint Advisory Committee
Bar and Court Admissions
- New York
- United States Courts of Appeal for the 2nd and Federal Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York