Lisa W. Bohl
Lisa Bohl represents clients at the trial and appellate levels in both state and federal courts. Her practice covers a broad array of subject matters, including business litigation, financial and securities cases, intellectual property, and criminal matters. Ms. Bohl’s trial experience includes delivering opening statements, conducting direct and cross examinations, and arguing trial motions. As part of her pro bono practice, she also represents plaintiffs in civil rights matters.
Prior to joining MoloLamken, Ms. Bohl served as a law clerk to the Honorable Edmond E. Chang of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. She also worked as an associate at Jones Day. During law school, Ms. Bohl was a member of the Veterans Legal Services Clinic, where she represented veterans in matters involving military sexual assault, benefits, and improper service discharges.
Before attending law school, Ms. Bohl worked at Achievement First, a charter school network, and Morningstar, an investment research company.
- A large media company at a trial involving contract, fiduciary duty, and fraud claims against former executive
- A national media company in contract dispute concerning $1.8 billion debt refinancing transaction
- Global financial institutions pursuing RMBS “putback” suits against mortgage originators and other responsible parties in state and federal courts
- A global pharmaceutical company in $2.3 billion fraud and breach of contract suit
- Global technology firms in amicus briefs before the Federal Circuit and United States Supreme Court concerning software copyright
- Plaintiffs in 42 U.S.C. § 1983 suits concerning constitutional violations in state facilities
- Foreign banks challenging attachment under the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act at the district court, appellate court, and United States Supreme Court
- Senior executives of technology company in SEC investigation into alleged accounting improprieties
- International corporations in litigation related to their trademarks
- Leading health insurance company in taxpayer derivative suit
- Criminal defendant in post-conviction proceedings
- Defense attorneys association in amicus brief before the Eleventh Circuit concerning severance of criminal trials
- President of government contractor in DOJ litigation involving FCA and kickback claims
- Five Ways Associates Can Adapt Their Practices During the Pandemic, Vault (Nov. 12, 2020) (with Gerald Meyer)
- 300 North LaSalle StreetChicago, IL 60654T: 312.450.6710F: 847.440.2697
- Law clerk to the Honorable Edmond E. Chang, United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Yale Law School, J.D.
Editor, Yale Law & Policy Review
Northwestern University, B.S.Ed., summa cum laude
Bar and Court Admissions
- United States Courts of Appeals for the 6th, 7th, 9th, 11th and Federal Circuits
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois
Member, Chicago Public Library Foundation Associate Board
Member, Yale Law School Executive Committee
Member, Seventh Circuit Bar Association and Young Lawyers Committee
Former Executive Board Member, Yale Law Women