Matthew J. Fisher
Matthew Fisher’s practice focuses on complex civil litigation, white collar matters, and appellate litigation.
Prior to joining MoloLamken, Mr. Fisher clerked for the Honorable Don R. Willett of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and for the Honorable Edward C. Prado of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
Previously, he worked as a summer associate at law firms Susman Godfrey LLP, Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz, and Kaye Scholer LLP. He also worked as a Research Assistant at the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington, D.C.
- Global financial institution in New York state court in residential mortgage-backed securities (RMBS) “putback” litigation against sponsor of securitization
- Petitioners in Supreme Court case addressing whether Section 13(b) of the Federal Trade Commission Act authorizes the FTC to seek monetary remedies
- Senior civil servant before the Federal Circuit in case involving due process protections for federal employees
- Incarcerated individual in a federal civil jury trial and Seventh Circuit appeal concerning Eighth Amendment violations
- Law firms in federal district court and Tenth Circuit appeal challenging attorney fee award following $1.51 billion settlement
- Investor in FINRA arbitration challenging actions by global financial institution
- Senior executive of renewable energy company in federal district court in connection with securities litigation
- E-cigarette manufacturer in proceedings before the U.S. International Trade Commission
- National media company in Illinois state court appeal concerning contract, fiduciary duty, and fraud claims against former executive
- 300 North LaSalle StreetChicago, IL 60654T: 312.450.6711F: 312.450.6701
- Law clerk to the Honorable Don R. Willett, United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Law clerk to the Honorable Edward C. Prado, United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
Order of the Coif
Articles Editor, Northwestern University Law Review
Northwestern University, B.A., cum laude
National Intercollegiate Debate Champion, 2011
Bar and Court Admissions
- United States Courts of Appeals for the 5th, 7th, 10, and Federal Circuits