Rayiner Hashem's practice focuses on complex civil litigation, patent litigation, and appellate litigation.
Mr. Hashem has served as a law clerk to the Honorable Dolores K. Sloviter of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. During law school, he also served as law clerk to former Commissioner Meredith A. Baker of the Federal Communications Commission.
Mr. Hashem holds a B.S. in Aerospace Engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology. Before attending law school, he was a software engineer at a wireless technology R&D firm.
- Impression Prods., Inc. v. Lexmark Int’l, Inc., 137 S. Ct. 1523 (2017) – Drafted amicus brief on behalf of leading cellular wireless technology company in case addressing patent exhaustion doctrine
- Oracle America, Inc. v. Google, Inc., No. 17-1118 (Fed. Cir.) – Drafted amicus brief on behalf of leading software company in case addressing copyright fair use
- NATOA v. FCC, 862 F.3d 18 (D.C. Cir. 2017) – Drafted briefs for cable television and broadband trade association as intervenor in case addressing powers of state and local television franchising authorities
- NRG Power Marketing v. FERC, 862 F.3d 108 (D.C. Cir. 2017) – Drafted briefs for leading energy company as petitioner in challenge to federal electricity market regulations
- AEMA v. FERC, 860 F.3d 656 (D.C. Cir. 2017) – Drafted briefs for energy-industry trade group as intervenor in challenge to federal electricity market regulations
- United States Telecom Association v. FCC, 825 F.3d 674 (D.C. Cir. 2016) – Drafted briefs for cable television and broadband trade association as petitioner challenging FCC’s “net neutrality” regulations
- United States Telecom Association v. FCC, No. 15-1414 (D.C. Cir.) – Drafted brief for telecommunications industry trade group as intervenor in challenge to FCC “tech transitions” regulations
- In re NFL Players Concussion Litig., 821 F.3d 410 (3d Cir. 2016) – Drafted briefs challenging final approval of class action settlement in mass tort case
- In re New Jersey Tax Sales Certificates Antitrust Litig., No. 16-3965 (3d Cir.) – Drafted briefs challenging final approval of class action settlement in antitrust case
- ClearCorrect Operating, LLC v. Int’l Trade Comm’n, 810 F.3d 1283 (Fed. Cir. 2015) – Drafted amicus brief on behalf of software-industry trade association in case addressing ITC jurisdiction over digital transmissions
- Multinational oil and gas exploration and production company in patent infringement lawsuit
- Small R&D company and patent holder in patent infringement lawsuit against apparel manufacturers
- Patent holder in patent infringement lawsuit against financial technology companies
- Retired NFL football players objecting to class action settlement in mass tort litigation
- Homeowner objecting to class action settlement in antitrust litigation
- Corporate directors and officers in breach-of-fiduciary duty action brought by federal agency
- Leading defense contractor in internal investigation of embezzlement by employee