Joshua D. Bloom
Josh Bloom’s practice focuses on complex business disputes – particularly those involving issues of Delaware law – in state and federal courts and arbitral forums, for plaintiffs and defendants.
As a skilled trial advocate, Mr. Bloom contributes to every stage of the case – developing case strategy, conducting in-depth factual and legal research, drafting pleadings and motions, taking and defending fact and expert witness depositions, and preparing diligently for argument. In addition to regularly preparing clients for depositions, he has substantial experience working directly with expert witnesses, often on damages-related issues.
Immediately prior to joining MoloLamken, Mr. Bloom served as a law clerk to the Honorable Kent A. Jordan of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. He also clerked for the Honorable Nancy F. Atlas of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas and for Vice Chancellor Donald F. Parsons, Jr. of the Delaware Court of Chancery.
Mr. Bloom previously worked as an associate at Quinn, Emanuel, Urquhart & Sullivan, and as an associate in the mergers and acquisitions group at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom. Prior to law school, Mr. Bloom worked as an investment banking analyst in the financial institutions group of an international investment bank.
- Global pharmaceutical company in breach of contract dispute against peer firm relating to peer’s acquisition of the company’s consumer products business
- Special litigation committee of the board of directors of a leading social media company in connection with claims of breach of fiduciary duty stemming from company’s settlement with activist investor
- Global medical device manufacturer in earn-out dispute with former shareholders of acquired subsidiary
- Global financial institutions in multiple RMBS “putback” suits in New York Supreme Court
- International private equity firm in multiple fraudulent conveyance suits relating to firm’s debt and equity holdings in New York City parking garage operator
- Global cosmetics manufacturer in bankruptcy adversary proceeding regarding certain financing transactions
- Global private equity firm in breach of contract dispute against major international financial institution
- Bankruptcy trustee in fraudulent transfer litigation against hedge fund judgment debtor and subsequent transferees
- Co-founder of biotechnology company in dispute with company regarding co-founder’s equity interest and departure
- Investor in books and records request against pharmaceutical company
- Corporation and its co-founder in malpractice dispute against corporation’s and founder’s accounting firm
- International bank in multiple judgment recognition proceedings in New York Supreme Court
- National energy company in a multi-jurisdictional dispute against its former parent regarding breaches of fiduciary duty and fraudulent transfers occurring in connection with the company's spin-off
- Drilling company in federal court proceedings to confirm $730 million arbitration award against foreign state-owned oil company
- Foreign student against leading national bus company concerning racial and religious discrimination (pro bono)
- Formerly bankrupt toll road operator against its pre-bankruptcy controllers regarding breaches of contract and fiduciary duty, and fraudulent transfers
- National home goods retailer in efforts to rebuff unsolicited control overtures from activist hedge fund
- 430 Park AvenueNew York, NY 10022T: 212.607.8156F: 212.607.8161
- Law clerk to the Honorable Kent A. Jordan, United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Law clerk to the Honorable Nancy F. Atlas, United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Law clerk to Vice Chancellor Donald F. Parsons, Jr., Delaware Court of Chancery
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
- The University of Hong Kong, LLM
- The London School of Economics and Political Science, MSc, with merit
- Cornell University, B.S.
Bar and Court Admissions
- New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit