Kayvon Ghayoumi handles complex trial and appellate litigation, focusing on intellectual property matters.
Experienced in district court litigation, Mr. Ghayoumi has developed case strategy, drafted pleadings, efficiently managed teams in their collection, review, and production of documents, deposed fact and expert witnesses, and drafted briefs in support of, or in opposition to, various motions. Mr. Ghayoumi also has extensive appellate experience, having drafted briefs before United States Courts of Appeals.
Prior to joining MoloLamken, Mr. Ghayoumi served as a law clerk to the Honorable Richard G. Taranto of the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. He also worked as an associate at Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner.
- Producer of dental appliance material in patent litigation against dental appliance maker in the District of Delaware
- Pharmaceutical companies in patent infringement suit brought under the Hatch-Waxman Act concerning generic versions of products used to treat schizophrenia and depression
- Pharmaceutical company in patent litigation in the District of New Jersey regarding a branded iron infusion therapy
- Veterans in pro bono appeals before the United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims and the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- 600 New Hampshire Avenue, N.W.Washington, D.C. 20037T: 202.836.8021
- Law clerk to the Honorable Richard G. Taranto, United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
Honors & Awards
Capital Pro Bono High Honor Roll, District of Columbia Courts, 2020-2021
The George Washington University Law School, J.D.
Order of the Coif
Notes Editor, The George Washington University Law Review
University of Kentucky, B.A.
Bar and Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims