Sara Margolis’s practice focuses on complex civil litigation, white collar matters, and appellate litigation.
Prior to joining MoloLamken, Ms. Margolis served as a law clerk to the Honorable Vincent L. Briccetti of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York. She also worked as an associate in the New York office of Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP, where she represented a pharmaceutical company in a multi-district securities class-action, a movie studio in a contract dispute, and an international company in a shareholder derivative suit.
Prior to law school, Ms. Margolis worked at the Biotechnology Industry Organization, where she developed policy and advocated on behalf of biotechnology companies.
- Represent leading vaccine manufacturer in arbitration relating to patented technology
- Represent global financial institutions and investors pursuing multiple RMBS “putback” suits against mortgage originators and other responsible parties in state and federal courts
- Member of trial team representing activist investor in trial seeking appointment of equity committee in Delaware bankruptcy court
- Represent senior executive of renewable energy company in connection with DOJ and SEC investigation and securities litigation
- Represented creditor hedge fund at bench trial in Delaware bankruptcy court
- Won summary judgment of non-infringement in representation of a Fortune 500 company in a dispute over an oil and gas plant
- Represent biopharmaceutical company in pair of Federal Circuit appeals relating to biosimilar launches
- Represent biopharmaceutical company in appealing an adverse decision from the Patent Trial and Appeal Board
- Represent biopharmaceutical company in an appeal regarding enablement in a patent dispute involving cholesterol-related drugs
- Represent oil and gas company seeking to enforce nine figure ICC arbitration award under the New York Convention
- Represent senior executive of Fortune 100 company in connection with FCA and Anti-Kickback Act claims
- Represented criminal defendant charged with possession of narcotics and ammunition in SDNY
- Represented government agency in connection with due process lawsuit relating to payday lending
- Ziglar v. Abbasi, 137 S. Ct. 1843 (2017) – Whether a Bivens claim is available against prison officials for actions taken in connection with the confinement of foreign nationals detained in a terrorism investigation
- Gilead Scis., Inc. v. Merck & Co., Inc., 888 F.3d 1231 (Fed. Cir. 2018) – Whether the district court erred by invoking “unclean hands” to nullify a $200 million jury verdict for patent infringement
- United Parcel Serv., Inc. v. Postal Regulatory Comm’n, 890 F.3d 1053 (D.C. Cir. 2018) – Whether the U.S. Postal Service properly allocates costs caused by competitive products, like parcel delivery, to those products
- 430 Park AvenueNew York, NY 10022T: 212.607.8172F: 646.710.4962
- Law clerk to the Honorable Vincent L. Briccetti, United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
Columbia Law School, J.D.
Executive Editor, Columbia Business Law Review
Middlebury College, B.A., magna cum laude
Bar and Court Admissions
- New York