Swara Saraiya’s practice focuses on a broad range of business disputes – including antitrust, contract, fraud, and intellectual property matters – in arbitral forums, as well as trial and appellate courts.
As a skilled advocate, Ms. Saraiya contributes to every stage of the case – conducting in-depth factual and legal research, drafting motions, managing all aspects of discovery, and preparing for trial.
Ms. Saraiya has briefed federal appeals before the First, Second, and Federal Circuits that involved expansive records and complex legal issues, including patent, securities, and administrative law. She has also litigated before the U.S. Supreme Court.
Prior to joining MoloLamken, Ms. Saraiya served as a law clerk to the Honorable Wendy Beetlestone of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. She also previously worked as a litigation associate at Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP.
- Investment fund in breach-of-contract suit involving a portfolio of life insurance policies in the Southern District of New York
- A putative class of investors alleging securities fraud against a publicly traded biotech company in an appeal to the First Circuit
- An inventor of magnetic film used in hard-drives against leading producer of hard-drives in an appeal of an adverse jury verdict and judgment to the Federal Circuit
- Utility company in connection with complex federal, state, and bankruptcy proceedings relating to California wildfires from discovery through pretrial preparation
- Regional transmission organization in opposition to a temporary restraining order in state court
- Global pharmaceutical company in antitrust litigation in the Southern District of New York involving patent settlement for a blockbuster antihypertensive drug
- The Brennan Center for Justice as amici curiae in Carney v. Adams, 141 S.Ct. 493 (2020)
- Gun violence scholars as amici curiae in Everytown for Gun Safety v. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, 984 F.3d 30 (2d. Cir 2020)
- The Advocates for Human Rights in connection with an amicus brief submitted to the U.S. Attorney General in support of Respondent in Matter of A.M.R.C.
- 430 Park AvenueNew York, NY 10022T: 212.607.8178
- Law clerk to the Honorable Wendy Beetlestone, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Honors & Awards
Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Pathfinder, 2024
Columbia Law School, J.D.
Notes Editor, Columbia Journal of Transnational Law
James Kent Scholar
Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
University of Chicago, B.A.
General and Departmental Honors
Bar and Court Admissions
- New York
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the 1st, 2nd, and Federal Circuits
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York