Swara Saraiya’s practice focuses on complex civil litigation at both the trial and appellate levels. Her practice spans a broad range of subject matters, including antitrust and intellectual property litigation, class actions, and other complex business litigation.
As a skilled advocate, Ms. Saraiya contributes to every stage of the case – developing case strategy, conducting in-depth factual and legal research, drafting key motions, managing all aspects of discovery including depositions, and preparing strategically for argument and trial. She has prepared clients for over a dozen depositions and has significant experience working directly with expert witnesses on a range of subject matters.
Ms. Saraiya has briefed federal appeals before the First, Second, and Federal Circuits that involved expansive records and complex legal issues, including patent, securities, and administrative law. She has also litigated before the U.S. Supreme Court.
Prior to joining MoloLamken, Ms. Saraiya served as a law clerk to the Honorable Wendy Beetlestone of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. She also previously worked as a litigation associate at Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Represents investment fund in breach-of-contract suit involving a portfolio of life insurance policies in the Southern District of New York
- Represents a putative class of investors alleging securities fraud against Biogen, Inc. in an appeal to the First Circuit
- Represents an inventor of magnetic film used in hard-drives against leading producer of hard-drives in an appeal of an adverse jury verdict and judgment to the Federal Circuit
- Represented luxury brand in assessment of trademark registration and infringement liability for anticipated new product
- Represented utility company in connection with complex federal, state and bankruptcy lawsuits relating to California wildfires
- Represented global pharmaceutical company in antitrust litigation in the Southern District of New York involving patent settlement for a blockbuster antihypertensive drug
- Represented a putative class of children in foster care challenging the adequacy of the New York City foster care system
- Represented the Brennan Center for Justice as amici curiae in Carney v. Adams, 141 S.Ct. 493 (2020)
- Represented Gun violence scholars as amici curiae in Everytown for Gun Safety v. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, 984 F.3d 30 (2d. Cir 2020)
- Represented the Advocates for Human Rights in connection with an amicus brief submitted to the U.S. Attorney General in support of Respondent in Matter of A.M.R.C.
- 430 Park AvenueNew York, NY 10022T: 212.607.8178
- Law clerk to the Honorable Wendy Beetlestone, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Columbia Law School, J.D.
Notes Editor, Columbia Journal of Transnational Law
James Kent Scholar
Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
University of Chicago, B.A.
General and Departmental Honors
Bar and Court Admissions
- New York
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the 1st, 2nd, and Federal Circuits
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York