Elizabeth Clarke's practice focuses on complex civil litigation, white collar matters, and appellate litigation.
Prior to joining MoloLamken, Ms. Clarke clerked for the Honorable Allison H. Eid of the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit and the Honorable Edmond E. Chang of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Previously, she worked as a summer associate at Mayer Brown LLP, as a summer intern at Lambda Legal, and as a summer intern at the Legal Assistance Foundation in Chicago. Before that, she worked as a Elementary Literacy Tutor for the Minnesota Reading Corps in Richfield, Minnesota.
- A software company in a copyright infringement dispute in an appeal to the Federal Circuit
- A major cellular technology company in an appeal to the Federal Circuit arising out of a global patent licensing dispute
- An investment advisor in a breach-of-contract suit over the Republic of Venezuela’s default on its sovereign debt
- An investor in two related breach-of-contract lawsuits against PDVSA and a PDVSA affiliate over unpaid debt instruments
- Holders of residential mortgage-backed securities in an appeal over the distribution of a multi-billion dollar settlement fund
- Employees of a company in a DOJ foreign corrupt practices investigation
- Former directors and officers of a small business investment company in a civil suit by the Small Business Administration as receiver for the company
- Senior executive branch official in connection with false statement and obstruction charges
- A medical device company in two breach-of-contract disputes relating to the COVID-19 pandemic
- The trustee of a mortgage-backed securities trust in a breach-of-contract lawsuit in New York state court
- A Florida county in a petition for a writ of certiorari to the United States Supreme Court
- An individual defendant in a direct appeal to the Seventh Circuit challenging a criminal sentence
- An individual investor in international arbitration under the bilateral investment treaty
- Justices to Resolve Circuit Split on Availability of Domestic Discovery for Use in Private Foreign Arbitrations, National Law Journal (Apr. 16, 2021) (with Lauren M. Weinstein and Lisa W. Bohl)
Protecting In-House Lawyers’ Communications: Attorney-Client Privilege, Attorney Work Product, and Best Practices for In-House Counsel, Chicago Bar Association @theBar (2020) (with Michelle Parthum and Benjamin Woodring)
- How To Obtain Section 1782 Discovery: A Step-by-Step Guide, International Bar Association: International Litigation News (with Jessica Ortiz & Lauren M. Weinstein) (May 2020)
- Must the Government Waive Public Forum User Fees for Indigent Speakers?, University of Chicago Law Review: Vol. 83 : Iss. 4 , Article 14 (2016).
- 300 North LaSalle StreetChicago, IL 60654T: 312.450.6704
- Law clerk to the Honorable Allison H. Eid, United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Law clerk to the Honorable Edmond E. Chang, United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
The University of Chicago Law School, J.D., with high honors
Order of the Coif
Kirkland & Ellis Scholar
Articles Editor, The University of Chicago Law Review
Founder, Education and Child Advocacy Society
International Refugee Assistance Project
Domestic Violence Prevention Pro Bono Project
Carleton College, B.A., summa cum laude
Phi Beta Kappa