Jenn (Sasso) Schubert is an accomplished trial lawyer who represents individuals and companies in criminal and regulatory matters, as well as high-stakes civil litigation. She also conducts internal investigations in the United States and abroad and advises clients on crisis and risk management.
Ms. Schubert spent nearly a decade as a federal prosecutor at the United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of New York. While serving as Acting Chief of the Organized Crime and Gangs section, she prosecuted and supervised complex racketeering cases, including those involving money laundering and financial fraud using bitcoin and web-based transactions. Ms. Schubert also investigated and prosecuted a wide range of federal matters, including bank and wire fraud, corruption, obstruction, and terrorism.
Ms. Schubert also served as the Office’s Computer Hacking and Intellectual Property Coordinator. She additionally served as the sole representative for the United States at United Nations conferences regarding investigation and prosecution of international syndicates, and the use of digital, web-based, and social media evidence. As a federal prosecutor, Ms. Schubert tried numerous cases to verdict, all resulting in conviction, and also briefed and argued multiple appeals before the Second Circuit.
Ms. Schubert has additionally represented executives at international companies in connection with major fraud, money laundering, and financial crime investigations.
Previously Ms. Schubert was an associate with Williams & Connolly and with Cravath, Swaine & Moore. She also served as a law clerk to the Honorable José A. Cabranes of the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
White Collar Criminal and Regulatory Matters
- Senior executives of social media company in connection with DOJ national security investigation
- Chairman of multinational media company in DOJ investigation into alleged FCPA violations
- High-level witnesses in DOJ investigations into international sanctions evasion and violations of the Bank Secrecy Act
- Senior executive of auto industry company in DOJ criminal investigation
- Members of management and employees of an automobile parts manufacturing company in DOJ criminal fraud investigation
- Senior executive of software development company in DOJ securities and wire fraud investigation
- Panelist Speaker, Tech-Related Frauds Panel, Hosted by the Female Fraud Forum and Tech Disputes Network, London, England, Jan. 2024
- Recent Trends in Asset Recovery and Judgment Enforcement Panel, Co-Hosted by Gryphon Strategies, Oct. 2023
- Presenter on behalf of United States, United Nations and International Institute for Justice, Conferences on Counter-Terrorism and Humanitarian Rule of Law, 2019-2020
- Panelist Speaker on behalf of the US Attorney’s Office, EDNY, IQVIA Institute Conference on Opioid Prosecution, 2019
News & Appearances
- Monthly Monday Member: Jenn (Sasso) Schubert, The Female Fraud Forum (Feb. 2024)
- MoloLamken Hires NY US Atty As White Collar Partner, Law360 (Nov. 6, 2023)
- 430 Park AvenueNew York, NY 10022T: 212.607.5957
- Law clerk to the Honorable José A. Cabranes, United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
Honors & Awards
True American Hero, Federal Drug Foundation, 2018
Capitol Pro Bono High Honor Roll, D.C. Bar, 2012-2014
University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., cum laude
Executive Editor, University of Pennsylvania Law Review
Duke University, B.A., magna cum laude
Phi Beta Kappa
Bar and Court Admissions
- New York
- Washington D.C.
- United States Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit
American Bar Association, Litigation Section Member
New York City Bar Association