Walter H. Hawes IV
Walter Hawes’s practice focuses on complex civil litigation, regulatory investigations, white collar matters, and appeals. He serves clients in a broad array of subjects including securities litigation, antitrust law, commercial law, and criminal and civil investigations.
Prior to joining MoloLamken, Mr. Hawes served as a law clerk to the Honorable Richard J. Leon of the United States District Court for the District of Columbia and Chief Judge Timothy M. Tymkovich of the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit. Mr. Hawes previously worked as a litigation associate at Davis Polk & Wardwell.
- A major global financial institution in resolving criminal and civil investigations stemming from RMBS-related allegations in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis
- A major auditing firm and individual principals in resolving regulatory investigation concerning alleged violations of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- A multinational entertainment company in commercial land-use dispute
- Individual directors of REIT against breach of fiduciary duties allegations
- A major healthcare company involved in merger in responding to regulatory antitrust inquiry
- 600 New Hampshire Avenue, N.W.Washington, D.C. 20037T: 202.556.2013
- Law clerk to the Honorable Timothy M. Tymkovich, United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Law clerk to the Honorable Richard J. Leon, United States District Court for the District of Columbia
Honors & Awards
Pro Bono Publico Award, Legal Aid Society
Best Written Brief, Williams Institute Moot Court Competition
President’s Volunteer Service Award
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., magna cum laude
Order of the Coif
Milton A. Kaufman Prize
Managing Editor, Georgetown Law Journal
President, Law and International Development Society
University of Edinburgh, B.A., M.A., first class honors
Bar and Court Admissions
- Admitted only in New York. Not admitted in D.C. practicing under the supervision of D.C. bar members.