Christian Bale’s practice focuses on appellate and trial litigation in state and federal court. He represents clients in complex disputes. He also represents clients in civil and criminal investigations.
Mr. Bale clerked for the Honorable Kent A. Jordan of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit and for the Honorable Colm F. Connolly of the United States District Court for the District of Delaware.
Mr. Bale was named a 2023 Temple Bar Scholar by the American Inns of Court. He completed mini-pupillages at Brick Court Chambers and Fountain Court Chambers. He previously served as Country Director for Japan in the Office of the Secretary of Defense.
Mr. Bale is a Ph.D. candidate at Oriel College, University of Oxford, where he was awarded the Keith Hawkins Scholarship in English and American Legal History.
- How Social Media Platforms Can Promote First Amendment Compliance, NYU Law Review Forum (Sep. 30, 2022) (with Sarah Ludington & Lauren Smith)
- 600 New Hampshire Avenue, N.W.Washington, D.C. 20037T: 202.556.2022
- Law clerk to the Honorable Kent A. Jordan, United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Law clerk to the Honorable Colm F. Connolly, United States District Court for the District of Delaware
Honors & Awards
Temple Bar Scholar, 2023
Presidential Management Fellow, 2016
Duke University School of Law
Editor-in-Chief, Duke Law Journal
Moot Court Board
College of William & Mary, M.P.P.
College of William & Mary, B.A.
Bar and Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeal for the Third Circuit
Rodney S. Rodney Inn of Court, Member
American Bar Association, Member
COMBAR, Honorary Member
Delaware State Bar Association, Member
William & Mary Public Policy Board of Advisors