Catherine’s practice focuses on complex civil litigation at both the trial and appellate levels in both state and federal courts. Her practice spans a broad range of subject matters, including intellectual property, bankruptcy, and other complex business litigation, as well as white collar criminal and civil defense. Ms. Martinez has litigated at every level of the judicial system, from trial courts to the U.S. Supreme Court.
Ms. Martinez is a skilled legal researcher, writer, and advocate. She contributes to every stage of the case—conducting in-depth factual and legal research, drafting important motions and briefs, developing case strategy, and preparing for argument and trial.
Ms. Martinez has worked on appeals before the Third and Eleventh Circuits involving complex legal issues and has previously successfully argued an appeal before the Eleventh Circuit. She has also assisted in drafting a merits brief before the U.S. Supreme Court, as well as on various amicus briefs.
Prior to joining MoloLamken, Ms. Martinez served as a law clerk to the Honorable Gerard E. Lynch of the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. She also clerked for the Honorable Jeffrey A. Meyer of the United States District Court for the District of Connecticut. Ms. Martinez’s experience clerking at both the trial and appellate federal courts gives her invaluable insight into the development of cases, all the way from the initiating complaint up through decisions on appeal. She uses that experience to think ahead and develop case strategies. Ms. Martinez also previously worked as a litigation law clerk at Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP.
- Represents personal protective equipment manufacturer in trademark infringement dispute
- Represents radio control company before U.S. Supreme Court as to whether the Lanham Act applies extraterritorially
- Represents Chief Compliance Officer of a global cryptocurrency company in investigations by DOJ and CFTC
- 430 Park AvenueNew York, NY 10022T: 212.607.8152
- Law clerk to the Honorable Gerard E. Lynch, United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Law clerk to the Honorable Jeffrey A. Meyer, United States District Court for the District of Connecticut
Yale Law School, J.D.
University of Chicago, B.A.
Bar and Court Admissions
- New York
New York City Bar Association